Thursday 31 March 2011

Cracked it?

Ginger is eating a lot more lately. I sometimes worry he's a little skinny, but maybe it's because he so sleek. And active. With the improvement in the weather he is spending more time outdoors.

He is also back in the routine of living here as opposed to elsewhere, after our absence in February. Very much so.


I haven't changed his food choice per se, same old Whiskas fishy or meaty. It now resides in the covered bowl rather than on a (china) plate, which might make a difference. But I am surprised that everytime I put something down for him, he actually seems to eat most of it.


There are lyrics that always pop into my head every time I'm standing barefoot, on the cold kitchen floor, at 4 in the morning, waiting for him to finish so I can put him out and go back to bed: "it's such a gorgeous sight to see you eat in the middle of the night."


This is from Friday I'm in Love by The Cure. A band with odd/quirky/interesting song lyrics at the best of times, but this one always had me scratching my head - until I got a cat.

Not that I'm assuming that Robert Smith has a cat, but then another favourite Cure song is Love Cats (now playing).


And it is a gorgeous sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment