Sunday 7 October 2012

Garden Revisited

I had a chance to visit my family, and check the progress of the little garden I planted in April over there, if you remember.


Everything did well except the plant in the upper corner, closest to the house.  I can't remember what it was now.  I've replaced it with a red Verbena which I hope takes.  But I am pleased with the progress overall.



I especially love this, spreading nicely.  My mother picked this out, and it was a good call.


These are all shade loving plants, as they need to be because they only get the morning sun in the summer.

And what a summer!  It was a hot time in Chicago, I tell you. Very nice.




The other best thing was the discovery of an outside tap!  My brother-in-law discovered that one, around the corner.  It appears to belong to this garden, because the woman next door has her own hose attached elsewhere.  So of course I bought a length of hose to attach to it.


Good thing, especially as there was quite a drought going on this year.

Finally, for good measure, I added this



Which lights up at night, and changes colour.  And then a few bulbs, which will come up in the Spring, for good measure.


Very pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment