Wednesday 8 July 2009

A Temporary Solution

This is what I have been known to refer to as the ugly front. I might go so far as to say, the hideous front.




It is perhaps an affront to me, because it is right in front of my nose, as it were, when I sit outside and enjoy the garden, on the "patio" area. You can just see my chair on the right.

It has improved greatly in the recent past, because of the weed burner, and now it's just an unsightly mound of dirt.


Much has been discussed over the last two years. The ideal would be a brick wall, which would involve a lot of work, and considerable expense.


Less costly would be railway sleepers, which has been mooted recently. Or just simply, a cheap concrete wall.


Frankly anything would be better that what it is now.


In the meantime, I have come up with this







A stretch of weed control fabric, which at least saves me weeding the patch when time could be well spent elsewhere in the garden. I plan to extend this idea across the whole area, just until we all make up our minds what sort of solution we want to spend our money on.

And the cat likes it, so it can't be all bad.








It's not terribly pretty, but then it's not terribly ugly.

1 comment:

  1. Well, with Ginger laying atop that black mass of plastic, it doesn't look unsightly afterall ;)

    ReplyDelete