Sunday 19 June 2011

Turn your back for a minute ...

And all hell breaks loose out there.







Three weekends I wasn't there. How could it become such a mess? But it did. Mother Nature was taking back her patch, in a big way. Yikes.







So, as we have had much rain to contend with, I was hopeful this weekend I could work out there. Perhaps, last Sunday I could have gone out there, after running 5.5 miles of a relay marathon on Saturday, nope. Rain. And yesterday, after my yoga class, I was hoping. Nope. Rain.


But today, I thought, would be the charm. Hmm. I was dodging raindrops after breakfast, big time.



The nice thing is, when the ground is so wet, weeding is quite easy. They come up in your hand with roots and all. So I made some progress, in between downpours.



I can't even begin to tell you how long it took to get to this point. But, the best thing of all, I had enough sunshine to cut the grass.





It's a psychological thing. When the grass is trimmed, nothing looks so bad. Do you know what I mean? When the lawn is nice and neat, somehow everything else seems okay.




Baby steps. To get to some sort of holistic gardening whole. Onwards.

1 comment:

  1. Baby don't worry cause now I got your back. And every time you feel like crying,
    I'm gonna try and make you laugh. And if I can't, if it just hurts too bad,
    then we will wait for it to pass and I will keep you company
    through those days so long and black.

    ReplyDelete